Top 10 uses for vinegar that will save you money.
Plain old vinegar is one of the most versatile household products sitting in your pantry.
I use white vinegar daily. It is my go-to cleaning product that I cannot live without.
- Leaves no residue
- Great for removing hard water stains
- No harmful fumes to breath in, like other cleaning products
- Disinfects, kills germs, fungus and bacteria (does not kill dangerous bacteria like staphylococcus)
- It stinks! Fortunately, the smell dissipates after a few minutes. Be patient.
- Does not work on certain stone surfaces like marble, granite, etc. Please check before cleaning any surfaces.
- Can be harsh on computers, laptops and tablet screens. I use moist towels with water and soap on all my electrical devices.
How to use:
Mix equal parts vinegar to tap water. Add a few drops of 100% natural lemon essential oil (optional). Add to a spray bottle for ease of use.
Tip: Purchase vinegar in glass jars for a more plastic-free alternative.
Top 10 Uses:
- cleaning the entire kitchen (except for certain stone surfaces – see above)
- disinfecting the entire bathroom (except for certain stone surfaces – see above)
- mopping tiled floors
- cleaning windows
- wiping wooden tables
- disinfecting sponges and cleaning wipes
- the rinse cycle of the dishwasher – no more white residue or spots on glassware
- washing fruits & vegetables – the acetic acid in vinegar kills bacteria & helps to dissolve the wax, pesticide & fertilizer residues found on the skins of many fruits & veggies. Place in bowl with 1:1 water to vinegar solution.
- cleaning stainless steel sinks, when dull or rusty in color – cover the area with some baking soda and drizzle some white vinegar on top. Let that fizzle for 5-10 minutes, then wipe it down with a wet cloth
- washing whites in the washing machine – clothing smells cleaner, helps with stains, works as a fabric softener as well as reduces static in winter.
This list can go on and on. There´s not much vinegar can´t do!
Do you use white vinegar? If so, we want to hear from you.